Save-the-Date for upcoming Spirituality & Learning Opportunities in the New Year
*Some dates have been revised so please check this to be sure you have the right dates on your calendar!
We’re excited to be offering the following as we begin the new year. Please mark your calendars and watch the E-Presence and church bulletin for details.
- If you signed up to participate in our January 19 & 26 discussions of Dessert First: Preparing for Death While Savoring Life (by Rev. J. Dana Trent) at 9:00am with Pastor Katie, remember to read the following sections ahead of each class: For January 19th, read chapters 1-6 (through page 77) in advance of the class. For January 26th, read chapters 6-end (pages 78-139) in advance of the class.
- Feb 2, 9, 16, & 23, 9 am: R. Bruce Douglass, Director Emeritus, Reformed Institute of Metropolitan Washington will present a series entitled, “Religion and Nationalism in the Age of Globalization.”
- Feb 2, 9, 16, & 23, 6:45 pm: Pastor Billy Kluttz will lead a Bible study class entitled, “God & War: Four Weeks with Joshua,” that examines how Christians wrestle with a Biblical book of war and conquest sanctioned by God.
- February 8 (Sat.): Spiritual meditation workshop led by Lyn Demere.
- Feb 9, 11:20 am: Real World, Real Faith presentation by Director of Music Brian Wilhour.
- March 2020 (schedules will vary by group): Lenten book group discussions of Anne Lamott’s book, “Almost Everything: Notes on Hope.”
- March 1, 6:45 pm: Front Porch Stories. Nancy Stansberry & Al Jurkin will lead a discussion on the Spirituality of Hospitality.
- April 26, 11:20 am: Real World, Real Faith presentation by Pat Chatten.
- May 1-2 (Fri/Sat): Women’s Retreat at Bon Secours, Maryland.