IPC Pathways High School Vocation Fair
High school students and their parents are invited to attend a fair in the Meeting House designed to encourage conversations about informed vocation decisions. We’ll have small group discussions led by Immanuel and other adults who will share reflections on the paths they’ve travelled and lessons learned. Lunch (by Potbelly) included.
- the role of college, including selecting a major, and extra-curricular activities;
- using internships, summer and other vacation jobs and after-school activities to learn;
- how to start learning about finances, incomes and living costs;
- opportunities in the public sector (government, nonprofits) vs. the private sector (consulting, big companies, startups);
- and soliciting and filtering guidance on vocation choices from friends, parents, teachers and other mentors.
Advance registration is required. To register, use the link in the E-Presence or contact Liz Pruchnicki, Steve Parker or Lynley Ogilvie. IPC high school students and their parents have first preference for registration, but we expect to fill up, so please register now! Any Fairfax county high school student and parent is welcome — invite your non-Immanuel friends to register!