The Congregational Care Committee shares in the celebrations and concerns of the congregation. It is a vital part of our community of faith – changing lives by responding to the special needs of our Immanuel family.
The Committee’s primary focus is ministering to the individual needs of those in the congregation.
When members are ill, grieving or in some other personal distress, the Committee:
- Makes personal visits
- Sends notes of sympathy, cheer or understanding
- Delivers sunshine baskets
- Provides food to those recovering from illness or injury
- Delivers flowers from the sanctuary
- Provides transportation to appointments and worship
- Sponsors a prayer chain
- Hosts a reception following a funeral or memorial service
To celebrate life’s milestones and other special days, the Committee:
- Provides a rosebud on the communion table to celebrate the birth of a child or grandchild
- Provides special occasion remembrances as an expression of love and understanding
- Supports our confirmands by providing a meal during the confirmand process
The Committee also:
- Provides pamphlets on life issues at the entrance of the Sanctuary
- Sponsors blood drives
- Maintains Immanuel’s End of Life Planning Guide
- Interacts with the Prayer Shawl Ministry, which makes and distributes prayer shawls to those with illness or grief
- Offers training on how to minister to those who are ill or grieving
- Oversees Immanuel's new Healthcare Navigation Team
The Committee meets on the first Wednesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. For further information, please contact Sue Owen or the church office.